- We can affect how others feel and behave in everything we do
- Mindful actions can have powerful outcomes
- You don't need to be a leader to change people's lives
- We are all immensely influential whether we like it or not
- That influence can be negative or positive: it's our choice
Yesterday I had to go to the doctor’s surgery. Now this sort of an event can be anxiety producing for many people for lots of different reasons. In my case I wasn’t overly nervous but I was having a nasty procedure being done, had not been to this surgeon before and was in an alien environment. The receptionist I dealt with (there were two) was very curt, never looked me in the eye, was unwelcoming and clearly didn’t care at all about me, the patient. I sat down to fill out a form she gave me and dutifully returned it with my Medicare card: same response.